Monday, 30 May 2011
No pictures today, as we woke to a steady drenching drizzle that stayed with us from the aqueduct at Long Itchington to Ventnor Farm. NB Enigma shared the Stockton flight with us. At least. one benefit of the steady rainfall was that it makes it really easy to see which direction the wind is blowing from while trying to moor.
Sunday, 29 May 2011
Saturday, 28 May 2011
It took two tries to get out of the marina in the wind this morning after filling with diesel, because the first time we just ended up square across the entrance having been caught by a gust. Right turn, and we shared Stockton Locks under grey clouds, with occasional spots of rain, before lunch at the Two Boats. Arriving at Bascote Locks, there was a short torrential shower, but by the time we were through the staircase it was sunny, and we could see the cloud that had just passed over us.
Friday, 27 May 2011
Saturday, 21 May 2011
Sunday, 8 May 2011
No boating again this weekend, so more from the archive...
Most people are familiar with the way herons wait until you are close then take off and land a hundred yards on, only to repeat it when you get there soon after. This one waited until we were nearly alongside to take off, and seemed to want to race us through the bridge hole.