Sunday 24 July 2011

Napton in the holidays

Another sunny weekend - too good not to go boating.  It was fairly quiet as we went through Calcutt Locks and turned right at the junction, but it all changed as we reached Napton.  Still, one boater's queue is another's retail opportunity, so although we were about 90 minutes getting through the first lock, we had a new mirror by the time we got there.  However, we were still third or fourth in the queue for the next lock, and there was a spare space on the visitor mooring, so we decided on lunch at the Folly.  Excellent fresh fish for me, recommended.

Things were quieter as we got back to the boat to head on up the flight, and it was still fairly early when we moored so I thought I'd take a look at the engine hours counter, which was showing a reading less and less frequently.

Here's the tachometer out of the panel.  If I'd had the right screwdriver tip it would probably have been easier taking it to pieces, but I managed it anyway.  From all of the spray foam insulation that I had to cut off the back it looks as though it was installed before the insulation, which was a bit of a surprise.
After fiddling with all the connector blocks I put it back together again, and the numbers are back.  Not long to the next service I see.  I was happy, but the sheep watching from the opposite bank didn't seem impressed.


No comments:

Post a Comment