Thursday 25 August 2011

Leaves on the line

After yesterday's adventures, on seeing evidence of a lump of a tree in the water, I took due care.  You have to guess which side of the visible lump to pass, and I guessed wrong - I thought it had fallen in from the offside at a distance, but having passed it it looks like it was ripped from a tree on the towpath.
 
Just around the corner was this spectacular piece of artwork - a kind of camouflage for mooring in the countryside, with all sorts of flaura and fauna making a showing in what seemed to be a hand painted piece.

In every tunnel this trip I've seen something flying, and apparently feeding on insects.  The flight looked more like a House Martin rather than a bat, but finally today I saw where they landed after picking up some choice morsels from around the headlight beam.
The rest of the day saw us descending the Tardebigge flight.  So much easier in sunny weather unlike the last trip, with lots of traffic the other way, so no need to turn locks.  Given the weather forecast, I had it in mind to title this post "Why does it always rain on me?", but that seems superfluous now.

No comments:

Post a Comment